Placeholders are used with your templates to ensure the Chaser emails sent out have the accurate information from your bookkeeping system. They are grouped together in 3 different categories. To access placeholders go to settings > templates > select template.
- Placeholders - are universal and can be used in any template and relate to information and settings in both Chaser and the bookkeeping system.
- Single placeholders - are for templates that will be used to chase a single invoice. They cannot be placed together with Multi placeholders.
- Multi placeholders - are for templates that will be used to chase more than one invoice. They cannot be placed together with Single placeholders.
Hovering over a placeholder in the list on the right hand side provides further information about that placeholder.
You can insert a placeholder in the Subject line or Text of your template in either of the following ways:
- Typing “<” followed by the placeholder’s name and then selecting it.
- Double clicking the relevant placeholder in the right hand side list. This inserts the placeholder where the cursor is in the Subject line or Text boxes.
To preview your edited email template select preview and view it here. Placeholders are highlighted in bold.