Under Settings > Templates you can see that there are 3 different types of placeholders:
- Placeholders - which are universal and can be used in any template
- Single placeholders - which are for templates that will be used to chase a single invoice. They cannot be placed together with Multi placeholders.
- Multi placeholders - which are for templates that will be used to chase more than one invoice. They cannot be placed together with Single placeholders.
Hovering over a placeholder in the list on the right hand side provides further information about that placeholder.
Adding a placeholder
You can insert a placeholder in the Subject line or Text of your template in either of the following ways:
- Typing “<” followed by the placeholder’s name and then selecting it.
- Double clicking the relevant placeholder in the right hand side list. This inserts the placeholder where the cursor is in the Subject line or Text boxes.